Discover our delicious recipe for Black Bean and White Chocolate Ghost Brownies. These brownies are moist, flavorful, and perfect for Halloween.
- 250 g (1 ½ cups) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 80 g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 10 g (2 tbsp) cocoa powder
- 20 g (4 tbsp) flaxseed
- 60 ml (¼ cup) maple syrup
- 1 g (½ tsp) baking powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) vegetable oil (divided)
- 1.25 ml (¼ tsp) salt
- 50 g (¼ cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 50 g (¼ cup) white chocolate chip (optional)
- Mark with dark icing (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a food processor, combine black beans, oats, cocoa powder, flaxseed, maple syrup, magic baking powder, vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Add 30g of chocolate chips, save the rest for later.
- Place parchment paper in a baking sheet. Transfer the dough to the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle remaining chips on top of dough. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine white chocolate and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and heat in the microwave for 1 minute and 30seconds. Stir to combine.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to set chocolate.
- With a butter knife, remove white chocolate and spread on parchment paper to create a ghost. Repeat to create 6 ghosts.
- Remove the ghosts from the freezer and with the icing marker, draw 2 eyes and a mouth on the ghosts.
- Once brownies are baked, divide into 6 pieces. Peel ghosts off parchment paper and place on brownies.