These simple and original patties contain baby cereal and sunflower seeds to replenish iron. This patty is perfect as a snack, dessert or breakfast on the go.
- 1 orange
- 125 mL (½ cup) orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) oil
- 250 mL (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 500 mL (2 cups) oat baby cereal
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 2.5 mL (½ teaspoon) salt
- 60 mL (¼ cup) sunflower seeds
- 60 ml (¼ cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Zest the peel of the orange. Set aside.
- In a food processor, purée the orange flesh and juice. Add egg and oil. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baby cereal, baking powder and salt.
- Stir liquid mixture into dry ingredients.
- Add sunflower seeds, chocolate chips and orange zest. Stir to combine.
- Shape into 12 small patties and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Calories 173 kcal
Fat 8 g
Carbohydrates 22 g
Fibre 4 g
Protein 4 g
Sodium 194 mg
Iron 4.6 mg
Approved by our dietitian nutritionist
Can be stored for 7 days in an airtight container at room temperature.