Welcome to all the health-conscious food lovers! Discover a delicious banana bread, packed with protein, a perfect fusion of indulgence and nutrition. This recipe is enriched with baby cereal to boost iron content. Enjoy it as a snack or dessert!
3 ripe bananas, mashed
375 ml (1 ½ cups) whole wheat flour
125 ml (½ cup) multigrain baby cereal
125 ml (½ cup) unflavored collagen powder or other protein
125 ml (½ cup) plain 0% Greek yogurt
80 ml (⅓ cup) water
80 ml (⅓ cup) ground flaxseed
30 ml (2 tablespoons) brown sugar
5 ml (1 teaspoon) baking soda
3.5 ml (¾ teaspoon) baking powder
3.5 ml (¾ teaspoon) salt
2.5 ml (½ teaspoon) cinnamon
Chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the banana bread in the closed oven for an additional five minutes.
- Allow it to cool, then run a knife along the sides and turn it out onto a plate.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.