Discover the benefits of our Spicy Shrimp Poke Bowl recipe. A delightful fusion of flavors and textures, and rich in proteins. Savor this enticing and nourishing dish now.
- 250 ml (1 cup) brown basmati rice
- 500 ml (2 cups) water or 375 ml (1 ¾ cup) water
- 5 ml (1 tbsp) of coconut oil
- 675 g (1½ lb) raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- 5 ml (1 tsp) minced garlic
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 mango, cut into cubes
- 2 small avocados cut into cubes
- 250 ml (1 cup) chopped spinach
- Sesame seeds to taste (about 5 ml -1 tsp - per bowl)
- Fresh coriander (optional)
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) light mayonnaise
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) plain Greek yogurt
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) smoked paprika
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sriracha sauce (or more if you like it spicy!)
Note: You are not too spicy mayo? You can replace it with our peanut sauce.
- In a saucepan, boil the water and cook the rice for about 20-25 minutes, then remove it from the heat.
- In a frying pan, fry the shrimp in the coconut oil with the garlic.
- Add the chilli powder, salt and pepper and cook for about 7 minutes or until they are pink. Then, remove from the heat.
- Mix all spicy mayonnaise ingredients with a fork until it becomes smooth and even.
- Separate the rice into bowls, then add the garnish, sesame seeds, coriander and spicy mayonnaise.
- Other garnishing ideas: grated carrots, wakame, grated red cabbage, sliced radish, cubed cucumbers, pineapple cubes, etc.