Indulge in our mouthwatering recipe for Creamy Salmon and Zucchini Noodles. Experience the perfect blend of velvety noodles, tender salmon, and crisp zucchini, creating an irresistible dish that will tantalize your taste buds.
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) canola oil
- 2 green zucchinis, sliced
- 10 ml (2 tsp) potted minced garlic (or 2 minced garlic cloves)
- 1 - 142 g (5 oz) can pink salmon flakes, drained
- 500 ml (2 cups) unsweetened soy beverage
- 5 ml (1 tsp) old-fashioned mustard (or Dijon)
- 2 nests of Asian noodles (Haiku type) (or egg noodles)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) nutritional yeast (Red Star type)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) capers, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Chopped dill (optional) Pepper and salt to taste
Note: Unlike traditional yeast used to make bread or pizza dough rise, nutritional yeast is inactive. It is frequently used in vegan cooking for its high vitamin B12 content. As an added bonus, its light nutty and cheesy flavour is a great addition to vegan meals... or not!
For a low FODMAP version: Replace the garlic with 5 ml (1 tsp) of garlic flower in oil, in a jar Replace soy beverage with rice, hemp or lactose-free cow's milk. Use Asian Haiku rice noodles (gluten-free)
- In a high-sided skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, then add zucchini and cook 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add garlic and salmon and cook 2 minutes more, until garlic is golden brown.
- Add soy beverage, mustard and noodles and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, until noodles are cooked and sauce is thickened. Add nutritional yeast and mix well.
- Garnish with capers and dill, and season with pepper and salt to taste.
Can be kept for 3 days in the refrigerator and does not freeze.