Impress your guests with just a few simple steps. This cranberry syrup is perfect for a variety of cocktails, but here's an alcohol-free version that will dazzle everyone with its astringent and tangy notes, without leaving a bitter aftertaste. This low-sugar drink will delight both young and old.
- 500 ml (2 cups) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 60 ml (¼ cup) maple syrup
- 2 fresh limes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh thyme
- Wash the limes and cranberries. Squeeze the limes to collect its juice.
- Add cranberries, lime juice and peels, water, maple syrup and thyme to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer the syrup for 2 hours over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let it chill until room temperature, remove lime peels, then blend in a blender for 1 minute.
- Using a sieve, strain to remove debris.
- Set aside in the refrigerator.
- When preparing mocktails, mix the syrup with sparkling water (flavour of your choice) then garnish with a slice of lime or fresh herbs, add ice and enjoy.
Can be kept 14 days in the refrigerator.