Discover our flavorful recipe for Chana Masala, a spicy vegetarian Indian dish featuring chickpeas. This delightful combination of exotic flavors and delightful textures will transport you straight to India. Try it now for an authentic culinary experience!
- 1 diced onion
- 5 ml (1 tsp) of oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh ginger or 5 ml (1 tsp) ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (796 ml)
- 1 can of chickpeas (540 ml)
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Gram Masala
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cumin
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
- 5 ml (1 tsp) of sriracha (optional)
- 10 ml (2 tsp) ground curry
- 250 ml (1 cup) of milk (cow, soy, or unsweetened almond)
- 1 cauliflower in small bouquets
- 250 ml (1 cup) uncooked basmati rice
- Some mint leaves
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Greek yogurt per serving (optional)
- Naan bread to accompany (optional)
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp of oil and cook the onion for about 7 minutes or until it is lightly golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Put the onions in the slow cooker and all the other ingredients except for the rice and mint.
- Simmer for about 3 hours at high temperature or overnight at low temperature.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the basmati rice as indicated on the package.
- Put the Chana Masala in a bowl and add Greek yogurt on top with mint leaves.