Discover our delicious beet and grapefruit tartare, a bold fusion of Mediterranean flavors. Perfect for entertaining guests while offering a healthy and balanced dish! A refreshing appetizer that will delight your taste buds!
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil (reserved from frying)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) capers
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 lb (450 g) cooked beets, cut into ½ cm cubes
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) apple cider vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) mayonnaise
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) salt
- 45 ml (⅓ cup) grapefruit supreme, cut into ½ cm cubes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) finely chopped cilantro
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) crumbled feta cheese
- In a small skillet over medium heat, heat the oil with the capers and garlic. Adjust the temperature to keep the oil simmering, for about 8 to 12 minutes, or until the garlic is golden and the capers burst.
- Drain and set aside the garlic and capers, separately from the oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix the beets, shallot, reserved olive oil, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and salt.
- Gently fold in the grapefruit segments into the beet mixture.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 15 to 45 minutes.
- Divide the beet mixture among 4 small plates.
- Top each plate with cilantro, crumbled feta cheese, and the fried garlic and caper mixture.
- Serve with crusty bread, vegetable chips, or enjoy as a fresh salad. Enjoy!
Can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Does not freeze.