Discover our irresistible recipe for baked cheese sticks, offering the perfect combination of crispiness and melty cheese. A delicious treat to enjoy any time of the day.
- 8 mozzarella cheese sticks (18% fat), cut in half
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) flour
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) panko breadcrumbs
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) onion powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) garlic powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Italian seasoning
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) chili powder
- Pinch of salt
- Marinara sauce
- Prepare 3 bowls. The first one with flour, the second one with beaten eggs, and the third one with panko, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, chili powder, and salt.
- Dip the half mozzarella sticks into the flour, then into the beaten eggs, and finally into the breadcrumb mixture. Ensure they are well coated.
- Dip the same mozzarella stick halves again into the beaten eggs and then back into the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with the remaining mozzarella stick halves.
- Freeze the cheese sticks for at least 1 hour before baking. This prevents the cheese from melting too quickly while the coating becomes crispy. This recipe can be prepared well in advance.
- Place the cheese sticks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for 5-8 minutes. Flip and bake for another 5-8 minutes or until the sticks are golden and crispy.
- Serve with marinara sauce, either cold or heated.