Do you have trouble reaching a goal despite the efforts you put into it when it comes to your diet and other aspects of your life? Are you facing failure and thinking to yourself ‘’I lack motivation’’? You are not the only one. I explain here why most of the time, it is not a question of motivation, but rather a question of patience, support and organization!
Lacking patience It is essential to understand that success is never just linear, which can explain why successful people usually have a common characteristic; their persistency. Giving up when the first obstacle is encountered would be a mistake! To succeed, one must first be mistaken. It is almost inevitable. Do not be afraid to try. Do your best because in any way, we tend to learn more from our mistakes than from our accomplishments. Go ahead and confirm it with any engineer: a tall tower would end up falling down if its structure does not have any flexibility. When facing adversity, instead of interpreting it as a problem, try training your brain to automatically switch to the mode ‘’finding a solution’’. What is done is done and life goes on. And so should you!
Here are a few quotes to motivate you to be more patient:
- Success does not come overnight.
- Failure is our best teacher.
- Fall down 7 times and get up 8.
- If it was easy, everyone would do it.
- Each success begins with the decision to try.
- Opportunities dance with those already on the dance floor.
Sometimes we are our worst enemy. Self-criticism can be more harmful than the judgement of other people. When caught in a spiral of negative thoughts, it becomes difficult to see things clearly. Let’s bring light to it!
Self-compassion exercises are great to readjust and get out of this vicious circle. You can do so by identifying one of your qualities each time you notice one of your flaws, for example. You are never better served than by yourself, but for the times you don’t feel that way, try thinking of someone who is always able to cheer you up and give them a call! There is no shame in asking for help. There are also many certified professionals who can help you. It could represent the little push you needed to finally succeed.
Here are a few quotes to help you see the positive side more easily:
- Whether you think you are able or not, in both cases you are right.
- Get out of your own way.
- To ask for help does not mean being weak. It means being wise.
- Don't compare your chapter 1 to someone else's chapter 20.
To have a plan, isn’t it the beginning of everything? Create a winning environment for you and identify solutions for when it gets harder. You know your own flaws better than anyone else!
Here are some examples of small gestures that illustrate that being organized actually pays off:
- Make a weekly menu and a grocery list. It will be easier to feed your dreams that way.
- Plan easy-to-make breakfasts that are realistic for the time you have in the morning. We all know that hitting the snooze button is a habit that is hard to give up.
- Prepare meals in advance for the days you will not have time to cook, especially when you have a busy schedule including sports, work, school and other obligations.