Discover a delightful novelty with our Rigatoni Bolognese Cake recipe. This innovative dish combines the flavors of classic pasta with a rich Bolognese sauce, creating a savory masterpiece that will impress your guests.
- 400 g (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 500 g rigatoni
- 250 g of lean ground beef
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) mascarpone
- 100 g grated cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
- 5 ml (1 tsp) oregano
- ½ bunch of flat parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a pot of hot salted water, cook the pasta al dente (cooked, but still a little firm). Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a very large skillet on medium heat. Add the chopped onion. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened.
- Add the ground beef. Make sure to break up small chunks. Fry everything.
- Add the peeled and crushed tomatoes.
- Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped flat-leaf parsley and incorporate the mascarpone. Mix and set aside.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in a baking dish and arrange the rigatonis standing one by one until the dish is full. – Cover the pasta with the sauce. Fill the holes to the maximum.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the parchment paper and serve immediately.