Are you a fan of the famous maple beans at sugar time? Here is a simplified version of the popular sugar shack recipe. It's so quick and easy, you'll be able to make them all year long!
- 250 mL (1 cup) chicken broth
- 2 cans (540 mL) small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 60 mL (¼ cup) molasses
- 7.5 mL (½ tablespoon) dry mustard
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) smoked paprika
- 1 can 156 mL tomato paste (or tomato sauce)
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) maple syrup
Note: Using canned beans simplifies the recipe and reduces cooking time.
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and mix well with a spoon.
- Cook for about 6 hours.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Calories 215 kcal
Fat 1 g
Carbohydrates 46 g
Fiber 7 g
Protein 8 g
Sodium 280 mg
Can be stored 4 days in the refrigerator and 6-10 months in the freezer in an airtight container.