Discover this flavourful dish, rich in fibre to promote satiety and ideal for weight management. The addition of kimchi, an excellent fermented food, adds a layer of digestive health benefits. A delicious and beneficial combination for your health!
15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
½ red onion, sliced
1 ⅓ lb (600 g) pork tenderloin, thinly sliced about 2-3 mm (see Note)
500 ml (2 cups) cooked wild rice blend (or ⅔ cup uncooked rice)
500 ml (2 cups) snap peas, trimmed and halved
250 ml (1 cup) grated carrots
1 red bell pepper, diced
15 ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
250 ml (1 cup) kimchi (such as Seabiosis)
2 green onions, chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) toasted sesame seeds, to taste
Note: You can also use fondue pork meat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the onions in the oil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the pork tenderloin and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Stir in the cooked rice, snap peas, carrots, bell pepper, and soy sauce. Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and incorporate the kimchi and its juice. *
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
*It's important to turn off the heat before adding the kimchi to preserve the beneficial live bacteria.
Keeps for 5 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Freezes for up to 3 months.