These brownies have a soft, melt-in-your-mouth heart and are perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth! The black beans used in the recipe will help you feel fuller longer too.
- 1 - 540 ml (19 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 180 ml (¾ cup) maple syrup
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cocoa powder
- 60 ml (¼ cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 60 ml (¼ cup) ground flax seeds
- 2 eggs
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- The zest of an orange (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and lightly oil a rectangular baking dish about 23 cm x 15 cm (9" x 6").
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Be careful not to over-mix to avoid heating the paste.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes before cutting the brownies into 8 equal servings.
Nutritional value (per serving):
Calories: 208 kcal
Sodium: 45 mg