Experience the culinary magic of our Single-Serving Shakshouka! Indulge in a delicious and convenient twist on the classic dish, perfectly portioned for one. Enjoy a medley of flavors and simplicity all in one delightful meal.
- 2 ml (½ tsp) olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped in small dice
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped garlic from a jar
- 0.5 ml (⅛ tsp) ground coriander
- 0.5 ml (⅛ tsp) ground cumin
- 0.5 ml (⅛ tsp) smoked paprika
- 2 ml (½ tsp) italian seasoning
- 180 ml (¾ cup) of tomato coulis (passata)
- 1 egg (add 1 extra egg for larger appetites or higher protein intake)
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- Chopped fresh herbs, to taste
- 1 slice of toasted multigrain bread, if desired.
- In a small skillet, pour oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the bell pepper for about 4 minutes or until well roasted.
- Add garlic and spices and cook for 2 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Pour in the tomato coulis and mix well.
- Break the egg in the center of the pan, directly over the preparation.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes depending on the desired texture of the egg.
- Garnish the Shakshuka with green onion and fresh herbs.
- Serve with toasted multigrain bread, if desired.