- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 can of 540 ml (19 oz) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 473 ml cooking cream 5% m.f.
- 500 ml light mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 125 ml (½ cup) light cream cheese
- 500 ml (2 cups) broccoli, cut into small florets
- 125 ml (½ cup) of water
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) or 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) onion powder
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) smoked paprika
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) Sriracha sauce or 5 ml (1 teaspoon) chili powder
- 1 L (4 cups) whole wheat macaroni
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) salt
- Pepper to taste
- Cut the squash in half, then remove the seeds. Place in a large microwave-safe dish with a bottom of water. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the flesh is softened.
- In the meantime, using a colander, drain and rinse the white beans. Set aside.
- Once the squash is softened, remove the peel with a knife and cut roughly half of the squash.
- Using a blender, puree half the squash, the white beans and the cream.
- Pour the squash and beans mixture into a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add half of the grated cheese, cream cheese, broccoli, water, Dijon mustard, garlic, onion powder, paprika and Sriracha sauce. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until melted and hot.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the macaroni until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large ovenproof dish, pour the macaroni and then the sauce. Mix together. Garnish with the other half of the grated cheese and the smoked paprika.
- Broil in the oven for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lightly crusty.
Fat: 13 g
Carbohydrates: 63 g
Fiber: 7 g
Protein: 24 g
Sodium: 580 mg