5 ways to use shredded meat
Everyone knows the classic pulled pork sandwich. However, there are many ways to reinvent this fall classic.
The benefits of cooking pulled pork
- It freezes well, so it's a great recipe to cook ahead of time.
- The meat is tender, juicy and tasty.
- Because of its tenderness, it is often a winner with children or people who do not like the texture of meat.
- It is versatile and can be used to prepare quick meals.
- It can be prepared in the slow cooker all day long so that you have a meal ready when you get home from work (and it smells great when you get home too).
Basic shredded proteins to cook
This pork tenderloin-based recipe is 50% less fatty than the classic pork shoulder version.
Chicken is just as easy to shred as pork. Check out this easy slow cooker option to try it out.
This all-purpose version works well in a variety of recipes.
You can also shred plant-based proteins. This is a great option for those who are just starting to get to grips with these proteins or for those who don't like the texture of tofu.
Top 5 ways to use your shredded meat
Add your shredded meat to a salad or rice bowl to make a meal. It works well in this Mexican bowl recipe for example.
You can replace the ground meat in your usual recipe with your choice of shredded meat or make this gourmet shepherd's pie recipe from Quebec pork producers.
Serve your shredded meat in your whole wheat tortillas with vegetables, grated cheese and your choice of salsa as a garnish. This mango salsa is perfect to accompany the tacos.
Arrange meat on whole wheat pitas with barbecue sauce, bell pepper strips, onions and cheese or make homemade pocket pizzas.
In short, for all these reasons and its versatility, shredded meat is a great option to introduce in your meal prep. Check out this week's flyers and cook the protein on sale of your choice with all these ideas!